Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I've been studying all day, during a blizzard that poured so much snow on my front lawn that I'm not even sure I'll ever see my grass again. I must admit that I was quite distracted by this snow, and it did not help my understanding of college algebra; but it did jump start some other parts of my brain.

What is it about snow that causes us to want to bundle up to the point where we are just a big multi colored marshmallow? Why is it my dogs feel the need to run and frolic in the snow that is deep enough to reach their chest, and they're not small dogs? Why do we feel fresh, crisp and clean after a good snowfall?

Here in the Midwest this has been one of the coldest and snowiest winters in at least a decade. I've enjoyed it to a point, but now I am ready for spring to come. The snow has washed away my irritation and cynicism from last year and now I am ready to thaw out and smell the lilacs on the midnight breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment