Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 21, 2011

What does a woman do with all that cash?

My friend Matt wrote a nice little blog about how he would spend his millions if he won the Missouri Powerball, check it out at Matt Surfs the Universe , and then at the end he ask what I would do with it?


I'm not going to break it down quite the same way as he did, and mine all comes with the fact that my hubby and I have already dreamed and planned most of this.

A) TITHE: First we would tithe 10% of our winnings. We would split this between our church and some charities that we feel strongly about. I hate to say, I wish we were better about tithing now but often times if we tithe there are other things we go with out. The past few years have been better and we tithe the majority of the time now, and the Lord is being faithful to our hearts attitude, not our pocketbook reality.

B) PAY OFF ALL DEBT: And yes, I mean ALL DEBT...no house payment, no car payment, no student loans, no credit cards, figure out if I owe any friends money I forgot about...PAY IT ALL OFF! Then, don't get in debt again. Come on, with 155 million there is no reason why I should ever go back into debt.

C) PUT KIDS COLLEGE MONEY AND OUR COLLEGE MONEY AWAY. Enough said.

D) MAKE SURE OUR EXTENDED FAMILIES OUR TAKEN CARE OF.  I want to be able to make sure both of our parents don't have to worry about medical expenses. I would love to make sure my niece and nephews have a college fund.

E) HAVE A FUND FOR HELPING FRIENDS AND FAMILY. No paybacks neccessary.

F)The obligatory 401K, IRA, savings, healthcare savings...all the boring stuff.

G) Buy several 100 acres, build homes for us and our parents and build our own little playland. Something where our LARPing friends could come and play. Have a little village built, we have several ideas.

H) Put a little money away for my godchildren. I only have 3 right now, surely I can afford to put a little away for them.

I)LIVE! Write, publish, produce my own music. Be a librarian because I can, not because I need a job. Study theology just because. Be a stay at home mom...

So, what would you do with yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment